Saturday, September 12, 2009

He will restore me!!

i wanted to share a bit of my devotional this morning and a little bit of what i have been struggling with...especially the past 2 weeks!! a song that has been in my head for a while now goes as follows...

"i will cast all my cares upon You. i lay all of my burdens down at Your feet. and anytime, i dont know, what to do. i will cast all my cares upon you."

i remember my daddy singing this song when i was a little girl and i have never forgotten it!

i have realized here lately that i am not as strong of a person as i thought i was! like many people, i struggle with trying to do things on my own. well...im here to tell ya...loud and clear...it's soooo not possible!! i have given up on trying to do things my way!! one of my favorite quotes is, "let go and let God." this morning i chose to read 1 Peter 5. i want to share part of it with you!

v5. "...God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble. v6. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. v7. CAST ALL YOUR ANXIETY ON HIM BECAUSE HE CARES FOR YOU. v8. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. v9. Resist him, standing firm in faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. v10. And the God of all grace, who called you to His eteranal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. v11. To Him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. v14. Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ."

i dont even know where to begin! first of all...i humble myself before God and my heart is open and receptive to Him! for the past couple of months, anxiety has been my middle name. NO MORE! i am laying it at Jesus' feet.

i am done trying to find a job on my own, im done trying to be the strong one, i am done trying to be the perfect wife, im done trying to live my life on my own! God is in total CONTROL!! Philipians 4:13 says, "i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." It's not just me...it's me and the man upstairs! we are a team!! i believe that "where God guides, He provides." He has brought nicholas and i to dallas texas for a very good reason! He is going to use us in a very special way. i have got to learn to chill out and let Him use me for His purpose! with God's help i will find a job, i can be strong, and i will be the best wife that i can be!!

my mom reminded me of something a couple of days ago. she reminded me that i am way too blessed to be so worried and stressed out about things! boy was that a wake up call! she is soooo right! i do miss home more than anyone could ever imagine, but look at what we have been blessed with! we have a wonderful family, a wonderful home, and wonderful friends...life couldnt get any better! i am learning to accept the 'NOW' and have faith and great hope for the future!

this doesnt mean that i cant cry when i feel like crying, or miss my family and our house...i have just given total control over to my Savior. This is a great and fun time in our lives, but it is also a HUGE learning experience! verse 10 said, "And the God of all grace, who called you to His eteranal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast." i by no means feel that i am suffering, but i have definitely been struggling! i will give God glory in every aspect of my life and in return He is going to restore me and make me strong!

thanx for listening...Have a BLESSED day!!

1 comment:

  1. Things will get better, just think of the adventure you and Nick are on. And you won't be out there forever.

    Let go and Let God... My family used to have a college student from the church that would come eat dinner with us each week. I was complaining about not having a boyfriend and how I was just going to leave it up to God and stop trying. She looked at me puzzled and said sweetly "How is God going to give you a boyfriend if you never leave the house to meet him?"

    I think that phrase means that we still keep going and doing things (keep looking for that job) but that we open up so God can help us do those things and make the right decisions. Keep going -It'll work out.

    ReplyDelete