Thursday, April 30, 2009

life lately........

has been VERY busy and somewhat stressful!! it has been wayyy to long since i last blogged! we finally got our internet working at home, but the charger for my computer doesnt work half the time. hopefully we can get a new one soon! we are actually in excel alabama right now at my in-laws house! it's a nice get-away from all the business and craziness back home. i debated on whether coming or not due to my grandmother being sick.

she has been having a hard time for about the last 2 months now. she cant seem to get back on track and stay on track. it's really hard on my mom, who i wish i could be with 24/7 to help her out. my mom, grandmother, and i are all really close and we all want whats best for each other, but sometimes its hard not to be selfish and want whats best for ourselves! my mom thought she wanted to move maw-maw into her house and take care of her by herself. here's where the selfish part comes in...if she did that, i would practically lose my mom too! it would be a 24 hour a day job and it would be way to gruelling for her to do alone. i think we have decided and finally talked maw-maw into trying assisted living first while she is still capable of doing some things on her own. she is a precious and very grateful lady and she deserves the best care in the world!

it is the HARDEST thing in the world to see someone you love soooooo much be sick, and not be able to take care of themselves. the whole situation is like deja-vu all over again. we took care of my dads parents for 2 years while they were sick until Jesus decided to take them home! it was the hardest, most exhausting, BUT also the most rewarding 2 years of my life. of course it is my nature to want to be with them and do everything for them all of the time. i get that from my mom and dad. the hard part is that i, along with the rest of my family, work. i feel the same way my mom does, i wish i could just quit my job and take care of her, but that is not the right thing for us to do.

it is my wish for her to be able to go into assisted living and really enjoy the remaining years of her life. if she's happy there then we can visit whenever possible, which will probably be all the time, and really enjoy the time we spend with her. we wont be tired from trying to take care of her 24 hours a day. needless to say...the whole situation has been turned over to the Man upstairs and He is in total control! what's best for her and our family will be! i guess thats enough spilling for now! thanx for reading and understanding! please pray we will do the right thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment